Hazy Lazy Days

During this summer, I will be moving. We leave June 13, an we should be situated by June 15. After exams are over I have to go through my room and clear out all the junk that I have accumuated throughout my seven year stay here in Philadelphia. We should be leaving that eary Saturday morning so we can skip traffic and only be on the road for about 5 hours. I am surprisingly looking forward to moving, even though I will be leaving all my friends that I have here. I didn't sign up for summer camps this year, but I was supposed to go to China with Johns Hopkins CTY, the same program that Kelly Mao is using to go to China. I may have to do some extra summer work because the order of classes between here and Boston are a little different. Overall I plan to run more often and get ready for football and track season next year. I also plan to build a fence around our new backyard so that our dogs can roam and run around outside. I definitely plan to visit Boston proper, probably with my sister because in August she is heading off to college. She decided to go to Tufts University, which is only a subway stop or two away from our house, so hopefuly she will be around more often than not. I plan to come back to Haverford, but probably not during the summer. I just plan to get to know Lexington and Boston better over the summer so that I am accustomed to everything by the time school starts. My school is about 20 minutes away, so it's not very far. I plan to some things, but hopefully nothing school related unless I have to. This summer will be a summer of transition, a summer in which I just want to settle in and get to know the area.  

The Beginning Of The End

I can't help being excited as the end of the school year approaches. Although I am leaving a week after school ends, I still am excited about the summer and all that it holds. I have't even started to review for my finals yet, but I guess I will start to review over the weekend. English definitely will be difficult, on account of major the essay we have to write tying three characters from three different books and explain how eah of them is connected to our theme of loss of innocence. Latin surprisingly looks easy, but that's probably because we have doing all the stuff that's on the exam since the midterms were finished. I haven't even received a review packet for Math, and I know that Chinese will be extremely difficult. The entire class-except for one- did pretty poorly on the midterm, and I think that unfortunately that will be the same for the final. That leaves History, which I hope will be of the same diffiultly as the midterm. Overall, I'm trying not to check out before the year is over. I'm just trying to finish out the year strong, so that I can leave here feeling good about this year. Also, I still have some last minute business to take care of as well, which I will definitely complete before the year ends.

Mother/Fathers Day

I know that most of the time I am unaware of how much my parents do for me. Athough they can be strict at times, they only have my best interests at heart, and so I am happy for all the work they do on my behalf. I know that we as kids don't take enough time to thank our parents for what they have done and what they continualy do for us each and every day. Because of this, it is good that we have a mother's and father's day, because without them we wouldn't be able to survive. I know that my parents do the best they can for me every day, and just for that, for having someone in your corner, it makes bad days better, and good days great. Thanks Mom & Dad

Local Teams

When it comes to local sports, I don't really watch them because I was never really into sports. I don't really know how the Flyers are doing right now, but I heard from somebody that they were losing in a series with a team from Pittsburgh. I heard that the Eagles signed somebody from the Buffalo Bills, but I also heard that they released Brian Dawkins and Correll Buckhalter. As for the Phillies, I hope they go all the way again this year, but I doubt that will happen, but best of luck to them anyway. I heard that the Sixers lost to the Celtics by two points a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything else since then. So overall, I don't watch a lot of sports, because I homework and stuff to do, but I still hear the occasional byte of information from my fellow classmates every now and then.

4th Quarter Madness & Looking Back Forward

(sorry I couldn't write this blog at home, but I couldn't log in from my mac) 

In the beginning of the year, I told my advisor that I wanted to be on the honor council, and I had it as the one thing I absolutely wanted to do this year. I thought the honor council was something worth being a part of. That was before I was told that this would be my last year at Haverford. Now, looking forward into this last quarter, all I want to do is finsh strong and go out feeling good. Besides being a part of honor council, I didn't plan any more goals to acheive for this year. When I first walkied in as a freshman in September, I pretty much had it all planned out all the way up to senior year, but now all I'm doing is looking forward to next fall when I have to go to a different school. Will I miss Haverford? Not all of it, but there will people that I will definitely miss, and realizing that what's going to happen is going to happen, all I can do is go back to looking forward, like when I came in as a freshman in September, and I had it all planned out.